+91 93631 23897
Area of Coating per Jig
3 SQ M
Weight of component/Jig
No of Jig / Hours
No of Jig / Day
- Fully automatic 3 transporter Wireless (Blue Tooth) SCADA controlled CED line with conveyarized Oven size: 6’ x 5’x 14’
- Electro-coat Bath size: 1450 x 750 x 500
- Colour Black epoxy (Power Corn 6000cx)
Electro Coat Process can be divided into the following four sections:
- ELECRO COAT BATH
- POST RINSE TANKS
- TRANSPORTER & CONVEYERISED OVEN
PRE-TREATMENT: COLD PHOSPATING
(Zirconium based Phosphating)
- In this section the metal surface is cleaned and phosphated to prepare the part to electro coating.
- Cleaning and Phosphating are essential in achieving and the desired quality of coating.
- Good quality pre-treatment is crucial in obtaining a superior electro coat finish.
- The typical phosphate dry film thickness is 2 - 4 microns.
ELECTROCOAT BATH: Colour
(Power Corn 6000 CX)
- Electro coat bath consists of 80-90 % de-ionized water and 10-20% paint solids.
- The de-ionized water acts as a carrier for the paint solid that is under constant agitation.
- The paint solids consist of resin and pigment.
- Resin is the backbone of the final paint film and provides corrosion protection, durability and toughness.
- Pigments are used to provide color and gloss.
- Typical electro coat dry film thickness is 20 microns.
- During electro coat process, paint is applied to the component at a controlled film thickness regulated by the voltage applied
- Once the coating reaches the desired film thickness the part gets insulated and the coating process slows down
- The component remains in the bath for few seconds after the Coating. Before it is lifted, paint liquid clings to the surface have to be rinsed off to maintain efficiency and aesthetics
- Excess paint is called drag out or cream coat
- Post rinses drag outs are returned to the bath tank to allow transfer efficiency greater than 95 percent
TRANSPOTER & CONVEYERISED OVEN
- After rinsing, the coated components enter the bake oven.
- The bake oven cross links and cures the paint film to assure the maximum performance properties.
- Baking time and temperature would differ according to the Weight of the component on the one hand and the desired gloss on the other